The Dustway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dustway

Welcome to the Badlands traveller!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Dustway

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rydel
Admin
Rydel

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 11:14 pm

Ruirus, a dry desert planet only inhabited by some of the most ruthless creatures; the corporation known as the DCA(DayCorp Association) once tried to tame and colonize the planet; what they did not expect was a tribal race of insectoids to rise from the ground of the planet, fighting back the invaders.

The "war" was short lived as the Rurian race of insects was conquered and enslaved by the industrial Galadrins(called space elves by the other races); their victory was short lived however as the entire planet fought back, causing the DCA to flee, leaving many Humans, Galadrins, and Ruolk behind to fend for themselves.

Overtime the planet was successfully colonized, being labled as "lawless slums for the poor", being known for its excessive death counts, bandits, aggressive animals, and lack of resources; those attempting to escape law enforcement often flee to Ruirus in hopes of either becoming a famous treasure hunter or..conquering the wastes as a bandit warlord.

Date: 12-07-3013

a new threat emerges in the Eldin system, a race of indescribable beings has emerged, conquering and devouring planets as they go;
the Military organization: The TTF(The Templars Faithfuls), a military organization of religious Galadrins and Humans; while they managed to push back the eldritch beings; it was only temporary.

The eldritch soon attacked the Elonians, a race of bipedal reptilians and causing what they would call: The Great Extinction, the elonians were beaten out of their home planet; the eldritch then created a disease to kill off the female members of their species; to ensure the destruction of the once powerful race.

Date: 12-20-3017

The last of the Elonian race has attacked and conquered earth, driving out the human race and turning earth into a a massive cloning facility; creating an unfixable hatred between human and elonian.

The Eldritch are inactive and havent made any actions for years, possible surrender?

The Massive company: Hyperspace CO. has begun hiring mercenaries and treasure hunters from across the known universe and sending them to Ruirus to search for an ancient weapon.

Current Date: 10-10-3028

The Hyperspace Co. are unsuccsessful, but continue their efforts; sending out one last pick up ship to the Rolus docks; the owner of the company, Alexander Lohue makes a deal with the Elonian clone army; to provide the means to repel the eldritch if they make a second appearence.

-current time-
9:25am, Rolus docks, 30 minutes before the ship arrives to pick up the fresh batch of treasure hunters/mercenaries.

---------------RACES---------------

Elonians: While the race is near extinct, they are not afraid to jump into the fray; while pure Elonians are far and few, they exist and occasionally a batch of clones fails, creating clones with free cognitive thought;  these clones are immediately executed unless they can successfully fool their overlords into thinking they're just another mindless clone. The average Elonian is about 6'5 and weighs roughly 110-200lb; while in armor one could mistake them for a human or galadrin, their faces have short snouts on them and their mouths are filled with sharp serrated teeth. their scale colors range from blue to lavander.

Galadrin: a race very similar to humans, save for their pointed ears and usually thin bodies; the Galadrin are an industrial race; deforesting their entire home planet and building factories across it. While the galadrin don't share a fondness for the other races, they have an alliance with the human race as a form of trade and passage deal seeing as earth was once a planet full of resources.
After the fall of earth, the Galadrins view on the elonians dampened severely, creating a slightly sympathetic relationship betweem Galadrin and Humans.

Humans: The first race that the Galadrin have encountered, humans are resourceful and made powerful allies both trade and military-wise; the bonding of the two species was unsurprisingly quick. After the fall of earth, the human empire will never forgive the Elonians for what they have done.
Resoursful, adaptable, and intelligent, the humans are a force to be reckoned with.

Ruolk: a bovine race, while the Ruolk may seem vicious and beast-like at first, they are actually a passive species, only seeking to make peace with the other races.
After the eldritch genocide towards the Elonian people, the ruolk have been sympathetic towards their people ever since; even after the conquering of earth.
The ruolk are a hairless bovine race, sporting large 8ft bodies weighing 800+lbs, they are built fighters, being durable and strong; they are armed with massive horns on their heads for ramming and beast-like legs perfect for charging into the fray. Their heads have long beastial snouts; large sharp teeth used for tearing meat. their skin colours vary from different shades of white and grey. their eyes are usually yellow.

S.A.I: S.A.Is or Sentient Artificial Intelligence were invented by humans long ago to spy on elonian cloning facilities, while most S.A.I's have their freedom, there are those that have gone rogue and abandoned their creators altogether. S.A.I's all vary greatly in appearance, ranging from entire pre-set bodies to swarms of interlocking nano-machines creating their own body. There is one thing that all S.A.I's have in common: their memories are taken from the dead.

---Weapon Manufacturers---

Warmonger's: a company devoted to making versatile weapons capable of transforming from a ranged weapon to a melee weapon.
Examples of these include: a shotgun axe, Minigun Hammer, pistol dagger, etc.
While warmonger's doesn't often experiment with elemental weapons, they aren't strangers to it.

Boomsday: a company devoted to only making fire and explosive elemental weapons, they work with both heavy and light guns but when it comes to melee; they only focus on speed, so heavy weapons are out of the question..but hey! who doesn't want a literal FIRE AXE?!
grenade launchers, grenades, and rocket launchers are their specialty.

Oriental Orders: a company devoted to only making refined, sharp, and elegant weapons. After all, if it bleeds you could possibly kill it!
weapon specialties are: Katanas, Daggers, Scythes, rapiers, straight swords, curved swords, and claws.  PS. my brother is an idiotic brute.

MC. CRUSHER'S: ARE YOU STRONG?! DO YOU LIKE SMASHING YOUR FOES INTO THE GROUND AND LAUGHING AT THEIR SHATTERED CORPSE AND MANY, MANY PIECES OF BRAIN?! THEN MC. CRUSHER'S YOUR MAN! COME ON DOWN AND SEE OUR AMAZING ARRAY OF HEAVY HITTING WEAPONS!
WE HAVE GREATSWORDS, GREAT AXES, MACES, AXES, AND MUCH MORE! SO WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! BUY OOOOONE! ps. Please Ignore my idiot brother who thinks those pansy weapons are better!

Elemental Elementary: a company devoted to making a wide variety of elemental infused guns and melee weapons! they work with all forms of weapons! also..our boss is a stuck up-we interupt this ad to remind you, why fight fire with fire, when you can use ice?

Armstrong's arms: Did you lose a limb in a horrible accident involving firecrackers and several elderly civilians? then never fear! at double A's we produce only the finest of cybernetic augmentations and limbs! and for an extra bang for your buck we'll install all kinds of neat killing devices into it! now the next time you see old man abernanthy you can show him what a real arm can do!

Terry's Turrets: You want a gun? no...ok...how about more gun?..still not enough eh? HOW ABOUT EVEN MORE GUN LOCKED UP AS A PORTABLE SENTRY GUN? yes? ok good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rules

1. no powerplay

2. no meta gaming

3. all attacks, perception checks, actions involving other players, etc. must be rolled for.

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

roll the 20 die, 2-9 is failure, 10 is barely success(meaning there are consequences to it), 11-19 are successes, 20 is a critical success, 1 is a critical failure.

4. no character sheets, just post your intros, everyone is starting on the docks waiting for pick up.
Back to top Go down
https://the-dustway.forumotion.com
Rydel
Admin
Rydel

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:10 pm

it was dark, the stars were shining across the night sky of the planet Clyria VII.
The docks had three rows of benches and across from them were several landing pads; each in perfect symmetrical order.
civilians were allover the place, talking to and examining the many would-be adventurers; saying their possibly final goodbyes.
there seemed to be a rather large ruckus off in the distance however; a group of galadrin and humans surrounded a lone Elonian clone stationed to guard along with the rest of the company's guards, the soldier was on the ground slowly being beaten to death as the crowd cheered on.
Back to top Go down
ExplodingCanuck

ExplodingCanuck

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:24 pm

A figure stood off to the side of the dock, avoiding eye contact with the Galadrin and Humans walking around. They appeared to be a tall human, dressed in a grey jacket with matching pants and boots. For that matter they were completely coloured in grey-scale from head to toe, save for their completely orange eyes which glowed slightly in the darker corner they stood in. With shorter hair and sharp features it would be hard to determine a gender or sex. Not that that would matter for a S.A.I. They let out a sound equivalent to a sigh, if they could breath, and looked around impatiently.
Back to top Go down
TheSuitedMono

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:36 pm

An average sized man sits on one of the many benches along the dock. He'd be clad in a black and dark grey pinstripe suit, white undershirt along with a lime green tie. Although the getup was formal it also seemed to have a decent amount of padding under the suit, what sort of padding is unknown. The clothes seemed faded and worn, as if they were bought years ago. The man's hair would be black and short, styled a bit like it was blown back.
Light brown eyes would stare at the scene unfolding, he'd scrunch his nose in disgust as the Elonian is beaten. Trying to distract himself, he pulls a small book from his satchel and begins reading.
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Admin
Rydel

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:56 pm

An Elonian slowly walked into the dock, though there was something off about them; they wore a battered standard issue clone chest plate; it was painted over to be a dark green color; in the middle of it was a roughly painted on chess piece, a rook to be more precise.
wearing on top of their chest piece was a black, sleeveless vest with a long coat tail.
the Elonian's left arm was an Armstrong series cybernetic arm; while it looked cheaply made it held together quite well, their skin tone was a lavender color; on their right arm was a standard shoulder pad and around their neck was dark green scarf.

their face had a long scar on the right edge of their mouth, making it look similar to a "forced smile", both eyes were bright red and slit. Two fins protruded on the sides of their head, similar to the ears of cat. Right hand was clawed and webbed.
they wore standard issue military cargo pants, while there were slight rips around the cuffs they were in good condition and just like the rest of their armor it was obviously dyed a different color, black.

their boots were a black, with a sort of rubbery shine to them as if they've recently been polished.

in their hands was a standard issue clone helmet, the helmet was painted over to match the rest of "scheme" being mostly green; the helmet had a sort of gas mask look to it, with two "fins" along the sides of them.

They reached into their pocket; taking out a pocket watch as they walked into the dock

"Oh....oh no" they said to themselves quietly, looking among the crowd.
Back to top Go down
ExplodingCanuck

ExplodingCanuck

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:03 am

The S.A.I opened their 'mouth' slightly let out an angry yell towards the Elonian, "Rydel!". Their voice sounded robotic and androgynous, as expected, but sounded like many voices speaking at once layered on top of each other. "Where have you been??"
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Admin
Rydel

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:14 am

"Well...Uh, I had to go get repairs on my arm...then get my boots polished, yeah that was very important! then I kind of uh...got side tracked and maaaaay have bought a new gun" he'd say, nervously; his voice was raspy and had a slight english accent to it

"So uh..you aren't angry, right? we good? OH THATS WONDERFUL I'M SO GLAD WE'RE FRIE-"
Back to top Go down
TheSuitedMono

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:18 am

The man peeks over the cover of his book, glaring at the Elonian that seemed free. Although he didn't like the sight of the creatures thinking for themselves, there was nothing he could do about it. Letting out a small huff, the man goes back to his book.
Back to top Go down
ExplodingCanuck

ExplodingCanuck

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:23 am

"I would be much more angry if my programming would allow for me to emote more!" The S.A.I hissed. "You have made us late again and made us miss our second scheduled pick-up time!". The S.A.I scanned the room, literally, looking over the various organics. "You see," the S.A.I grabbed hold of Rydel's sleeve and began dragging him along, with very little effort of their part, towards the man in the pinstriped suit. "This one is incredibly orderly and on time for their pick-up. Why can you not grasp this concept?"
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Admin
Rydel

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:26 am

"Why...why are you doing this, do you understand how humiliating this is?!" he'd growl

A well dressed Galadrin walked over, inspecting the three and looking towards the pinstriped human

"I assume they're your servants?" they'd ask, showing disgust to the two
Back to top Go down
TheSuitedMono

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:29 am

The man peeks over the cover of his book, eyes widening slightly at the sight of the duo making their way to him. Lowering his book, he stares at the two for a moment before speaking,"I'd really prefer to remain out of your unnatural and apparently conflict-based romance..."
He glances to the newcomer,"N-No... I have no idea who they are."
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Admin
Rydel

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:31 am

The Galadrin laughed

"disgusting creatures, aren't they?...then I assume the Elonian belongs to you?" the man asked the machine

"I BELONG TO NO ONE YOU SELF RIGHTEOUS-" Rydel was about to shout
Back to top Go down
ExplodingCanuck

ExplodingCanuck

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:35 am

The S.A.I places a hand over Rydel's mouth. "Enough. We are done here." They said in a monotone voice and walked away from the situation, taking Rydel with them.
Back to top Go down
TheSuitedMono

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:42 am

The man purses his lips, slowly going back to his book and hoping the Galadrin would follow suit and leave.
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Admin
Rydel

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:45 am

"Oh no! oh no no no! you aren't stopping me now Khamie!" Rydel yelled, yanking himself away, his shirt's armsleeve being torn off in the process; his right arm had a Tattoo of their clone number on it "EN-1,281"

He'd run up to the Galadrin

"So you think you're better than me eh?!" he'd growl

"Pretty much, yes, wouldn't you agree?" he'd say to the pinstriped man
Back to top Go down
ExplodingCanuck

ExplodingCanuck

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:49 am

'Khamie' stood there, staring between the ripped off sleeve and at the soon to be horrible situation. Khamie wasn't their actual name. Their name, more specifically their manufactures code, was KHA-M4E1. However Khamie rolled off the tongue easier for most.
Back to top Go down
TheSuitedMono

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:52 am

He gently places his book on his lap, exchanging his glance between the two before letting out an exasperated sigh,"No, you're both equally jackasses." He looks to the Galadrin,"Why don't you go join the lovely crowd beating the clone?" Changing his gaze to Rydel,"Perhaps you could follow your friend's example and leave?"
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Admin
Rydel

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:55 am

"Or, I can teach this punk a lesson.." Rydel said quietly, readying his fist

"Do you really wish to make fool out of yourself, You're already from a failed batch of clones...hmhmhmhm...hows it feel to be rejected by your own people?" the galadrin snickered

Rydel drew his gun at this point; it was a warmonger standard issue combat shotgun; on the bottom of the barrel was the blade of an axe.

"oh how the stupid resort to violence.." the galadrin sighed
Back to top Go down
TheSuitedMono

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 1:05 am

He goes to attempt to push the gun down (15/20),"Hey, let's calm down. At least duel, just shooting him? That's not going to be very fulfilling at all, at least give the guy a fighting chance instead of whipping out a weapon."
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Admin
Rydel

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 1:07 am

The gun would lower, however he'd still keep it gripped tightly

"Scum like him don't deserve a fair fight-" he'd growl, being interupted

"And gutter trash like you aren't worth my time.." the Galadrin said, walking away from the scene.

Back to top Go down
ExplodingCanuck

ExplodingCanuck

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 1:08 am

"Rydel, must you make us late again?" Khamie asked, still trying to reason with him for some reason.
Back to top Go down
TheSuitedMono

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 1:12 am

He stares as the Galadrin stalks away, sighing and sitting down once again. The man certainly wasn't expecting to see that in front of him today, much less get involved. He supposed what happened has happened, gradually going back to his book.
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Admin
Rydel

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 1:16 am

"nnngg..." Rydel, still pissed off sat down next to the pinstriped man; putting his helmet on and closing the visor; two eyes on the helmet lit up, a red colour

he'd sit silently, in deep thought...or rather what he'd consider deep thought, going through his memories and reflecting on his life; seeming to shut down a bit.
Back to top Go down
ExplodingCanuck

ExplodingCanuck

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 1:18 am

"Can you not do this somewhere else?" They asked, sounding as annoyed as they could.
Back to top Go down
TheSuitedMono

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 1:21 am

He pauses from his reading briefly, glancing to the duo before checking the time. The man would go back to his book, scribbling some things down every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dustway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dustway   The Dustway Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dustway
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dustway :: The Dustway Roleplay-
Jump to: